Monday, April 28, 2008

Ten Emerging 2005 Software Trends

In 2003, I initially began creating this blog. Like many, I had stumbled upon blogging just by accident. I was attracted by how such diverse and insightful niblets of information were being exchanged by blogs devoted to the Java platform. So, when Anthony Eden ( freeroller ) volunteered a server to post for free, I got into the act myself.
Like many programmers, I actually had an aversion for writing. In addition to that, I genuinely truly felt that I was awful at it. My one saving grace was that I had a real passion for the subject and had a lot of good ideas that were brewing. I sincerely did not believe that anyone would find what I could write to be not only informative, but interesting and entertaining. I was proven wrong when Bill Venners invited me to blog at Artima (perhaps the first blog network).
At that time, I was fascinated by the idea of Aspect Oriented Programming and was eagerly interested in how it would reduce the complexities of successfully developing software. I fundamentally understood that a lot of the complexities had to do with the mingling of functionality and 'ilities' into frequently an incomprehensible and inextricable mess. Manageability is one of those 'ilities', but it's one of the more intriguing ones. It was reasonably nebulous and at the same time alluded to the balance of chaos and order constantly required for any complex technology. It in central substance became the "global micro-brand" of this blog.

No comments: